Maryam Tanveer Ali acknowledged through her level call Maya Ali Urdu: مایا علی born 27 July 1989 is a Pakistani actress. Ali is thought for her roles in each drama and film and is the recipient of one Lux Style Award from 4 nominations.
Early life, profession beginnings and breakthrough (1989–2015)
Maya Ali turned into a born Maryam Tanveer Ali on 27 July 1989 in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, to Muslim parents. Her father, Tanveer Ali, changed into a businessman, and her mother, Shagufta Nazar, is a homemaker.
She has one more youthful brother, Affnan. Ali finished her master’s diploma in mass verbal exchange from Queen Mary College.
Ali commenced her profession at an early age, operating as a video jockey for the channels Samaa TV, Waqt News, and Dunya News. According to Ali, her father becomes in opposition to her running withinside the leisure enterprise and did now no longer speak to her for 6 years, however, she reconciled with him, earlier than his demise in 2016.
- In 2012, She commenced off nicely with a short position in drama Durr-e-Shehwar, telecasted on Hum TV. In this drama her call is Mahnoor. Her position isn’t always very explanatory besides that she is a more youthful sister of Durr-e-Shahwar (performed with the aid of using Sanam Baloch) and become born in a wealthy own circle of relatives and she or he usually respects her elder sister.
- The drama changed into directed with the aid of using Haissam Hussain and written through Umera Ahmed. Aik Nayee Cinderella becomes her subsequent display after Durr-e-Shehwar telecasted on Geo TV and she or he was given the lead position on this drama contrary Osman Khalid Butt and Faizan Khawaja. Maya’s position in this serial becomes Meesha (cinderella).
- The serial is a cutting-edge retelling tale of Cinderella and those have been such as it to Disney international stories. The serial turned directed through Haissam Hussain and written with the aid of using Faiza Iftikhar. After Aik Nayee Cinderella in 2013, she was given the comedy undertaking Aunn Zara, once more beneath neath the course of Haissam Hussain. The display is written through Faiza Iftikhar and becomes in advance titled as Hisar e Muhabbat. She performed the position of Zara, contrary Osman Khalid Butt as her husband, Ann.
- . It is complete of tragedies, sorrows, sufferings, and pain. Each and each individual could be very hard to be performed. Ali is another time in a sisterly position however a possessive sister. Again in 2013, she did her every other serial named Meri Zindagi Hai Tu which became on-aired on Geo TV. this serial become directed with the aid of using Amin Iqbal, produced through A&B Entertainment and written through Faiza Iftikhar.
- Her subsequent venture turned into Ladoon Mein Pali, along with Sajal Aly and Affan Waheed. In this serial Ali is gambling the main position that is primarily based totally on the tale of a younger woman in her own circle of relatives. She performed the function of Laraib, a woman whose own circle of relatives is conventional and admire their customs. This serial turned into aired on drama channel GEO TV at eight pm each Tuesday.
- The tale is written through Adam Aazeen and directed through Waseem Abbas. In 2014, Ali turned into forged in Shanakht, wherein she performed the position of Qurat-ul-Ain, who follows Islam, however, is criticized through her own circle of relatives and society. Ali additionally starred as Saman in Zid along with Ahsan Khan.
- The collection changed into directed through Adnan Wai Qureshi, at the same time as the tale became written with the aid of using Bee Gul, and turned into supplied via way of means of Momina Duraid. Sid tells the tale of a bold lady, named Saman, who’s married to an American Pakistani man (performed through Ahsan Khan) towards her will. In 2015, Ali labored in Mehreen Jabbar’s romantic drama Mera Naam Yousuf Hai. She performed the position of Zulaikha, along with Imran Abbas.
- That identical year, she performed the function of an estranged granddaughter Faarah Wali Khan withinside the blockbuster ensemble’s own circle of relatives drama Diyar-e-Dil, along with Osman Khalid Butt, Abid Ali, Sanam Saeed, Mikaal Zulfiqar, Hareem Farooq, and Ali Rehman Khan. The collection became primarily based totally on the novel of the equal call with the aid of using Farhat Ishtiaq and became shot at the Khaplu Palace in Gilgit-Baltistan. For her overall performance withinside the collection, she gained the Hum Award for Best Actress Popular and acquired her first Lux Style Award for Best Actress nomination.
In 2016, Ali starred as Manahil in Mann Mayal along with Hamza Ali Abbasi, Gohar Rasheed, and Aisha Khan, for which she won the Lux Style Award for Best Television Actress.
It was co-created and co-produced by the creative head Momina Duraid with Sana Shahnawaz, Samina Humayun, and Tariq Shah. The show was first aired on Hum TV, as a part of night programming all under Duraid’s production company.
The show was set in Hyderabad and Karachi, narrated the story of two neighbors from opposite backgrounds who fall in love with each other, but when he leaves the country to study, he falls for another woman. Mann Mayal premiered in Pakistan, UK, the USA, and UAE with the same premier date and timings.
Ali then appeared in the romance Sanam, another Hum TV series, directed by Haseeb Hassan. Sanam had an ensemble cast, with Osman Khalid Butt as Harib, her as Aan, and Hareem Farooq as Ayla in leading roles, along with the supporting cast of Hina Khawaja Bayat, Asad Ali, Sharmeen Ali, and Akbar Islam.
The story of a serial was told in a heavily serialized manner and it follows a love triangle. It revolves around the journey of Harib, a successful businessman, as he discovers the difference between a life partner and a soulmate