Multan is a Historical metropolis. Its History unfolds over centuries. Multan is Also Known because of the metropolis of “Garma, Gard, Gada, and Goristan”. Multan citadel is located withinside the middle of the metropolis. Multan Fort turned into constructed on a mound isolating it from the metropolis through the antique mattress of river Ravi. Its date can not be constant with accuracy.
- Apart from the shrines, a maximum of the castles turned into destroyed with the aid of using the British in 1848-forty nine to avenge the demise of Lieutenant Alexander trucks Agnew, killed in Multan through an order of the Sikh governor. Agnew’s memorial obelisk stands on a plinth at one of the maximum factors of the castle’s mound.
- A panoramic view of Multan City may be had from the best factor withinside the citadel. The Fort become at the start called Katochgarh and is attributed to were constructed through the Katoch Dynasty.
Located in Center of City close to Multan Cricket Club subsequent to Shah Rukn-e-Alam’s Mazar, Multan, Pakistan.
The citadel becomes excellent each for its effectiveness as a defense setup and for its structure. Contemporary reviews placed the partitions of the citadel at forty to 70 feet (21 m) excessive and 6,800 feet (2 km) in circumference.
The citadel’s forty-six bastions blanketed flanking towers at every one of the 4 gates (the De, Sikki, Hariri, and Khizri Gates).
A ditch 25 feet (7.6 m) deep and forty feet (12 m) extensive and an 18-foot (five. five m) glacis included the castles from intruders. Within the citadel stood a castle flanked via way of means of 30 towers, enclosing mosques, a Hindu temple, and a Khan’s palace. The fort turned into seriously broken with the aid of using the battering it was given from the weapons of Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1818.
The Damdama is a big block of construction built on a mound of earth fill. Walled internal vintage metropolis Multan is better than New Multan and citadel is maximum in internal walled metropolis Multan so it’s miles maximum region in Multan.
People come right here and feature picture graph shoots as the tomb of Shah Rukn Alam is available in the background. Tomb Bahaudin Zikarya 1170 AD, a historic tomb in Fort Kohna Multan.
Tomb Shah Rukne Alam 1335 A.D
Shrine Shah Rukne Alam considering that 1335 A.D. is very antique and historic. It is placed inner Fort Kohna of Multan in the internal metropolis. Comprising of historic Multani structure, bricks and blue/inexperienced decorations, a big doom that’s stated to be 2d biggest in international that times.
It is the maximum lovely location to go to Multan, it became presented the Agha Khan Award for structure and on the grounds that then it’s miles used as identification of Multan metropolis. No doubt its miles no.1 area to go to in Multan
- Tomb of Shah Bukhari Fort Kohna Multan.Ibne Qasim International Cricket Stadium now used for soccer Fort Kohna Multan. Qasim Park / Qasim Bagh / Qasim Garden inner Fort Kohna Multan.Old Zamzama Cannon of 19th century in Police Lines Fort Kohna Multan.
Barood Khana / Nigar Khana / Gunpowder Store
Barood Khana of Fort Kohna Multan turned into used as a storehouse of gunpowder and weapons. It becomes badly broken at some point of the siege of Multan with the aid of using the British in 1848.
Pakistani authorities transformed right into a Nigar Khana or artwork residence for promoting handicrafts. Ruins of Perhaland temple along tomb Bahaudin Zikarya Fort Kohna Multan. Feed the wild pigeons in Multan Fort.
There had been 4 different gates that belong to Kohna Fort of Multan, out of which the simplest first survives.
- Qasim Gate
- Khatri Gate
- Sikhi Gate
- Hariri Gate
- British era
The Siege of Multan started on 19 April 1848 while nearby Sikhs murdered emissaries of the British Raj who have been a gift on the reception of the brand new governor of Multan who was decided on through the British East India Company.
Rebellion engulfed the Multan vicinity below the management of Diwan Mulraj Chopra. The British quickly released expeditions in opposition to Mulraj, taking pictures of the close by city of Dera Ghazi Khan
The British then defeated Mulraj’s forces at an agreement four miles from Multan on 1 July 1848 and captured maximum weapons belonging to Mulraj’s army. General William S. Whish become ordered in July 1848 to take 7,000 guys with him into order to seize Multan, wherein Mulraj has been encircled.
Much of the pressure turned into Sikhs, who in October 1848 defected to Mulraj’s forces, forcing General Whish to desert his first try to overcome Multan.
- By December 1848, the British had captured quantities of Multan metropolis’s outskirts. In January 1849, the British had accumulated a pressure of 12,000 to triumph over Multan. On 22 January 1849, the British had breached the partitions of the Multan Fort, main to the give up of Mulraj and his forces to the British.
- After an extended and bloody battle, Multan turned into made a part of the British Raj. During this time, Sardar Karan Narain’s son has become an icon all through the British Raj and become provided titles ‘Rai Bahadur’ and Knighted ‘Sir’ through Her Majesty. The British constructed a few rail routes to the town, however, its business ability turned into by no means absolutely developed.