Junaid Jamshed Khan (Urdu: جنید جمشید خان; three September 1964 – 7 December 2016) changed into a Pakistani recording artist, tv personality, style designer, occasional actor, singer-songwriter, and preacher. After graduating with a diploma in engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology in Lahore, Jamshed in brief labored as a civilian contractor and engineer for the Pakistan Air Force earlier than specializing in a musical career.[
- Jamshed first won national prominence and worldwide popularity as institution ‘Vital Signs' vocalist in 1987 with the album, Vital Signs
- In 1994, he launched his debut solo album, Junaid of Vital Signs observed with the aid of using Us Rah Par in 1999 and Dil Ki Baat in 2002. In 2004, Jamshed left each his engineering and tune careers and, afterwards, targeted on his spiritual sports for Islam and reciting nasheeds on TV and freeing them on CDs. Jamshed additionally owned a apparel boutique with the name “J.” (study as “Jay Dot”), which has numerous shops at some point of Pakistan and a few abroad.
- In November 2014, Jamshed turned into accused of blasphemy and in December 2014, in a video message, he apologized for offending human beings and making mistakes.
- Junaid Jamshed and his 2d spouse died on 7 December 2016 when PIA Flight 661 crashed in Havelian. The flight become en direction to Islamabad from Chitral. He turned into in Chitral for a Tablighi Jamaat undertaking and changed into returning to Islamabad.[1
Early lifestyles and education
Junaid Jamshed changed into born in Karachi to Jamshed Akbar Khan (d. 2016), a organization captain withinside the Pakistan Air Force from Nowshera, and Nafeesa Akbar Khan, the granddaughter of the nawab of Loharu State. His maternal uncle Sahibzada Jahangir, nicknamed “Chico”, is a businessman primarily based totally in London who has been one of the founding participants of Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, and whose son Sherry Jahangir turned into an actor higher acknowledged for his function as M.A.
- Jinnah in PTV traditional drama Jinnah Se Quaid, at the same time as any other son, Kafeel Jahangir, turned into an England-primarily based totally home cricketer who has performed as an all-rounder for Hertfordshire. Other household consist of politician Fauzia Kasuri, who changed into his aunt, and actor Alyy Khan, his cousin.
- After graduating from an global boarding excessive faculty in Yanbu' al Bahr in Saudi Arabia, Jamshed desired to enroll in the Pakistan Air Force to grow to be a fighter pilot. However his susceptible eyesight averted this. He then entered the University of Engineering and Technology in Lahore, wherein he took arithmetic and physics earlier than affirming his primary in mechanical engineering. In 1990, Jamshed won a Bachelor of Science diploma, graduating in mechanical engineering.
Although the band Vital Signs commenced in early 1986 in Rawalpindi with the aid of using Keyboardist Rohail Hyatt and bassist Shahzad Hasan (Shahi), it changed into now no longer till later that Jamshed, then a younger engineering pupil from UET Lahore, joined them as their lead singer.
- They started out acting in specific elements of the united states after having secured an area withinside the underground track enterprise in Islamabad and Lahore. In a stay live performance in Islamabad, the band were given observed and approached with the aid of using the tune officers of the PTV, and a document deal turned into provided with the aid of using Rana Kanwal, a scholar of the National Academy of Performing Arts. Kanwal become given an challenge wherein she desired to make a track video and she or he desired to make one in every of a song band.
- The band moved to Islamabad and commenced running on the primary album for Kanwal, then-recognised as “Chehra” (lit. Face). According to Hyatt, “the music we created for her changed into Chehra. It become the primary track we wrote as an entity and it changed into additionally part of our first album.” During this time, the band stuck the eye of file manufacturer and broadcaster Shoaib Mansoor who additionally taught at the National Academy of Performing Arts. Mansoor have become familiar with the band and labored on their first album, spearheading the writing of a patriotic track
- Finally, their first album, Vital Signs 1, changed into launched national and aired on PTV. Their debut hit singles, “Dil Dil Pakistan” and “Tum Mil Gaye”, launched on 14 August 1987, gave them country wide reputation and prominence. Both songs have been huge business hits and garnered excessive crucial acclaim. The songs withinside the first album have been an instant Sleeper hit and speedy won a big national fulfillment, which absolutely stunned the band. In an interview given to PTV, Jamshed stated it turned into now no longer some thing that could flip him right into a expert musician. Jamshed maintained that his plans have been to benefit a diploma in engineering to paintings for the Pakistan Air Force, first of all he failed to need to have something to do with tune apart from simply deal with it as a hobby. In 1990, Jamshed graduated with an engineering diploma, and labored withinside the air pressure as a civil contractor for a brief time earlier than resigning from the air pressure.
- However, Rohail and Shahzad quickly controlled to persuade him otherwise. After a string of chart-topping songs and albums, the band cut up in 1998 and Jamshed commenced a solo career, attaining growing business fulfillment. Their first album contained many hit songs and the band became approached through numerous global businesses to put in writing songs and promote it their merchandise to the Pakistani public.