Isn’t it exciting? I’ll even show you how you can create a professional-looking site with Blogger and get a free domain as well. Creating a Blogspot site is as easy as creating your Google Account.
So without further ado, let’s get started right now.
How to Create a Free Website With Blogger
Create your Google Account to create a free website with Blogspot. It’s because Google owns Blogger. Here’s a step by step guide to building a free website with Blogger
Create a Blog With Blogger (Blogspot.Com)
First off, you need to create a Google Account if you don’t already have it. If you do, go to Blogger.Com and enter your Google Account details to get access to all of the free tools that Google offers.
You should see this page once you are logged into Google’s Blogger website. The first task at hand is to create a blog with a name that represents you best. I’m going with MakeMoneyBlog70, just for this instance.
Install a Theme on Your Free Blogger Website
After you have created your blog with the domain name of YOURCHOICE.Blogspot.Com, click on “Theme” on the left side of your Blogger dashboard. Choose a Blogger template already available for you. But I wouldn’t say I like it usually.
So, I’ll choose from some of the most pro-looking free Blogger templates. You can do the same and download a theme for your free Blogger website and upload it. This is how you do it:
- Go to the ‘Theme’ section
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the ‘Customize’ button
- Choose to go for ‘Restore.’
- And upload the theme you have selected for your blog
And you can customize any theme by clicking on the ‘Customize’ button. I have chosen the ‘Polar’ theme for this demo. But you can choose a Blogger template depending on your niche.
Change Logo & Favicon on Blogger
The default logo will be that of Blogger, of course. Now you need to upload your logo and Favicon to make your free Blogger site look pro. To do this,
- Go to ‘Layout’ from the dashboard and click on the ‘Change Cover’ button in the blog dashboard left sidebar
- Choose a blog cover from Blogger templates that
- Upload Logo in the ‘Cover image’ section.
For uploading your Favicon,
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the left bar
- Scroll down a bit and choose ‘Favicon.’
- Choose a file and ‘Save’ your Favicon
But how will you design your logo and Favicon? Canva is the answer, of course.
- Discover the size of your logo (already uploaded in a template)
- Go to
- Click on ‘Create a Design’ and choose the custom size
And start designing your logo or Favicon for free with tons of Canva features. You can use free design elements to templates and more, and Canva is a convenient designing tool for non-designers.
Add Posts & Featured Images on Blogger
Now that your free website with Blogger is up and running start creating content on it. Add posts and featured images.
For attractive photos, you can again go to Canva to create free images. However, it has premium plans for increased features as well.
Here’s how you add featured images to your posts
- Go to the ‘Post’ section in the left column of your Blogger dashboard.
- Click on ‘Add New.’ And it will look like this:
So choose any number of relevant images for your blog post or use Canva to create one for free. And choose the appropriate image size for your post thumbnail by going to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Post Settings.’
Create the Menu in Blogger
You need to apply some layout to your free Blogger site if you haven’t done so already. And the best way is to create a menu for your website.
Click on ‘Layout’ in the left sidebar and choose ‘Add a Gadget.’ Scroll down until you see this section:
Choose ‘Menu’ and drag it. Make a change or two, and you’re good to go. That’s how easy it is to create a menu on your free website with Blogspot.
Add Social Links in Blogger
As your free blog with Blogger takes shape, the next inevitable thing to do is add social media sharing buttons. It will make your social proof and increase trust among your readers.
You’ll also start boosting your social media presence. For adding social links to your free website with Blogger,
- Click on ‘Layout’ and choose ‘Add a Gadget’ on the left sidebar.
- Add your social media links.
You can also use Canva to design your own social media icons for free. Or you can download some of the copyright-free icons as well. The theme I have chosen for this example already has social media icons, so I don’t need to create them.
These pages are essential to handle legal issues and help index your site on search engines like Google. You can write these pages yourself, but then it will take tons of time and knowledge.
Build the About and Contact Pages in Blogger
Now that you’ve added the basic pages on your free Blogger website, it’s time to add more detail about yourself and your company. This is how you add any page on Blogger:
- Go to ‘Pages’ in the left menu
- Click New Page
- Enter a page title (About & Contact in this instance)
- Add the relevant information
- Click Save, Preview page, or Publish in the top right of the dashboard
You can create a contact page in the same way. But you may need to add a ‘Contact’ widget from the widget library of Blogger.
Add a Custom Domain to Your Free Blogger Website
You may want to cut off the’ .blogspot.com’ part from your site’s URL if you are like me. For that, you may want to add a custom domain name, and here’s how you do it.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Custom Domain’
- Add your custom domain and click ‘Save.’
But if you don’t already have a domain name, you may want to buy it from Namecheap. Change the DNS setting as told by the Blogger at the time of adding your custom domain name.
“But Hassan, you said I can create a website with Blogger for absolutely free.”
Yes, you’re right. You have created a free website with Blogspot by now. To add a custom domain for free, you may want to make a little money online. Here’s how you do it:
Make Money: Add Affiliate Banner With HTML Code in Blogger
Up till now, you have created a free site with Blogger. Congratulations on that! But you may want to add affiliate banners to your website so that you can make money off your free blog. Isn’t it awesome? For that,
- Go to your affiliate marketing program or network
- Copy the code of any affiliate banner
- Log in to your Blogger account
- Add a widget anywhere you want the banner to appear
- Paste the code of your banner
And that’s just it! You have added the affiliate banner link to your free Blogspot website.
You’ll start earning money as soon as you get traffic to your blog. There are many free ways to get traffic to your blog quickly.
You can use social media and SEO techniques to drive traffic to your website. And you can always use paid ads on social media search ads on Google as well. Be patient, for it takes time to build considerable traffic on your blog to make money online.
TL; DR – How to Create a Free Website With Blogspot in 2022
When you type “create a free website” in Google, you often come across sites selling something else. So they don’t offer to make a free but complimentary website. Luckily, you can still do it. Too long, didn’t read? Have a look at the summary:
- Create a Google Account and sign in to Blogger
- Install one of the best free Blogger templates
- Change logo and Favicon for pro-look (Design them on Canva for free)
- Build the menu and add social links (Go to widgets for that)
- Include ‘About’ and ‘Contact’ pages (Add ‘Contact’ widget for the latter)
- Add a custom domain (if you want to)
- Insert an affiliate banner (with HTML code widget)
And that’s just it! Watch this video in which I have practically shown you how to create a free website with Blogger. And subscribe to my YouTube channel for more tutorials. Have I missed something in it? Let me know in the comments below.